Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hail in San Diego



Last night as Brant and I were watching a movie and it was raining, he mentioned that he thought it was hailing. I sort of just brushed it off since that almost NEVER happens here in sunny southern California, but he must have been right! It poured all night with thunder and lightening and all - it was fantastic! And this morning when I went out to get the newspaper I noticed our yard was covered in these odd, white balls...hail! It was awfully loud all through the night, but this was enough hail to cover our yard! And it was bigger than peas! Exciting to us folks that are used to year round temperatures in the 70's...

The picture above is Ellie doing her "touchdown Ellie" move. Brant taught her a touchdown dance which we are trying our best to get on video - we'll post it as soon as it's available...Yesterday we took Daisy to a new dog beach - the kind where they can run off leash and play in the water. This place was called Fiesta Island and it's in Mission Bay so there are no waves. It was amazing to watch Daisy actually swim without waves and current - she realy did dog paddle! Ellie loved watching Daisy swim, watching Daddy throw the buoy out into the water and clapping when Daisy brought it back. She and I took a long walk on the beach and then "raced" on the way back...and of course Ellie won.

Recently Ellie has also discovered chalk and really enjoys drawing on the sidewalk. On weeknights when Brant gets home, his job is to entertain Ellie while I cook dinner so it doesn't take as long. Now that the time has changed, that means he can play outside with her. Last week I was cooking dinner and I looked outside to see Daddy and Ellie coloring together on the sidewalk - I abandoned dinner briefly and ran out there with the camera - click here for the pictures.

We just got back from Sunday school and then a family shopping trip to Kohls. Ellie fell asleep in the car on the way home and I transferred her successfully to her crib - was even able to change her diaper without bothering her too much. Brant is feeling so much better that he is going to head back to the gym to lift weights this afternoon, and I think I'm going to curl up with my book and read...

We hope everyone is doing well.
love,
danielle

No comments: