
What a fun weekend we had! Ellie got a bubble mower from Uncle James for her birthday and boy does she like it! On Saturday we got her dressed up in her birthday dress from Aunt DeAnna and took her all over town showing her off. It's funny - I never thought we would be the kind of parents that wanted to get our child dressed up and drag them around showing them off...but we are! It's so fun to take her places and see her reaction. We didn't really go anywhere special - just to Target and Costco but nonetheless it's fun!
Saturday night we had Sara, Aaron and Ada over for some backyard playtime and dinner - we always have such a good time doing that. The girls get along so well and love to play together. Tonight when they were waiting to get in the pool for their swimming lessons, they were sitting on a bench together, hugging each other and giving each other high fives. Super sweet.
We started our Saturday fun with a dance party in the living room. Ellie wanted to wear this headband from Mimi and when she put it on she looked like she could be a star in Flashdance, so we broke out the 80's music and all danced in the living room. Check out the pictures for the pink hairband. Ellie also got her finger nails painted for the first time. I was amazed that she sat still long enough, but she was very patient and wanted to be a big girl. Here is a link to the pictures from the past week.
Tonight was the smoothest Monday evening we've had since Ellie started swimming lessons. She was such a good girl, got out of the pool when it was time and got dressed. When we got home she jumped into her highchair and was all ready for her dinner. One of the biggest helps is that I made enchiladas on Sunday, cooked them Monday morning before work and all we had to do was warm them up tonight! I've learned to be tricky with the veggies in dishes like lasagna and enchiladas - I steam squash and zucchini and then puree them in the Bullet and stir them into the sauce. So we're all eating veggies without even knowing it.
Now Ellie is peacefully sleeping, Brant is watching a western and I'm ready for bed. I hope everyone had a nice weekend and enjoys the pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment