Thursday, October 2, 2008

Potty Training...


As you can see in this picture, Ellie has beautiful big girl panties. And she goes in the potty almost all the time...even poopy in the potty. But for some reason lately she has INSISTED on wearing her Ariel or Jasmine pull-ups. Why? I have no idea. She was all excited about the panties until she had a few accidents, and we didn't make them a big deal, but I guess she wasn't a fan of the warm liquid running down her little legs. I guess she'll out grow this stage at some point.

Funny note...last Saturday night we were at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Ellie said she had to go potty, so we dashed off to take care of that. Ellie goes on the potty and of course a celebration is in order. Then it's Mommy's turn. She puts her hand in front of her ear (instead of behind like she should) and says "LISTEN!" until she hears Mommy going potty. Then she cheers and cheers..."Yeah Mommy! You did it! You pee-pee'd in the potty! Yeah!!! I'm so proud of you Mommy! Here's your paper Mommy! That's enough paper for you - you did such a good job!" I'm fairly used to this reaction since she does it every chance she gets at home, so I didn't think much of it. But when we opened the stall door there was a 20something woman waiting to use the restroom and she looked me straight in the eyes and said "I'm proud of you too". How embarassing, but I know someday I'll miss these episodes.

We are really looking forward to a weekend at home when everyone is well! Ellie is almost fully over the cold she got on our last trip - thank goodness.

On a more sober note, we could use everyone's prayers. We found out last Friday that my dad has lung cancer. He's waiting for his discharge papers from the service to be entered into the computer at the VA hospital, where he's going to be seen and treated. We don't know a whole lot right now other than he is weak, very weak and tired. He is also in a lot of pain when he breathes. Please pray that he can be kept relatively pain free, and for the best possible outcome.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Tawny said...

Congratulations on a succesfully potty trained little girl. It really is so amazing to realize how fast they grow up. I'll keep your dad (and his doctors) in my prayers. I've had more experience with cancer than I would like and I know what a "roller coaster from hell" experience it is. Good Luck!