
This weekend Ellie's had a lot of fun playing. Saturday morning Brant was in the backyard painting the linen closet doors. I was on my way to prenatal yoga (LOVE this class) and Ellie wanted to play outside where Daddy was. Ellie drove her purple car, loaded with all her friends, up and down the driveway, they had a squirt bottle fight in the front yard, Brant pulled out the sandbox and umbrella for Ellie to play with, and evidently Ellie was headed to a dance...in this video she describes who is going to be there! She told Brant that she and Clara, her imaginary friend, were going to a "big girl dance and there were going to be boys there"... not yet you're not!
Saturday evening we headed over to Bird Park for the last free concert of the summer. Honestly the music wasn't all that great, but as usual, the company was. Ellie had a blast eating pizza and dancing the night away with Ada. Here's a video, mainly of Ellie (they wouldn't stay close enough together for me to get both girls!).
After the concert, we ran into Brant's old boss, her husband and their daughter, Evie. They live in our neighborhood and invited us to come over and see the renovations they'd done in their backyard. We had such a great time we didn't get home until 11pm! Evie, Addie (another co-worker's daughter) and Ellie all played so well together...to me that is one of the biggest gifts of daycare. The girls all knew how to be part of a group, they shared, and no one was left out. Needless to say, we were all pretty darn tired today!
I'm fairly sure the nesting period has begun for me...I was determined to clean out the closet in the playroom this afternoon, and it's been done! You wouldn't think there was that much to clean out since we haven't even lived in this house for a year, but the playroom closet was the place we put anything that didn't have a "proper home". There are bags and bags of donation items by the front door. I have tomorrow off of work, and after walking Ellie over to daycare, I'll be making a stop at the donation center. Simplifying and cleaning out...feels so good!
While I was cooking dinner and cleaning out the closet, Ellie made the biggest mess with play dough that I've ever seen. She took about 8 different colors and made one huge multi-colored blob. She was so proud of herself and had a blast, which is all that really matters!
No comments:
Post a Comment