
Wow...it's been quite a while since I've posted anything...sorry about that. Life has gotten even busier and I've let the blog slide...but not to worry - click here for November pictures! I'll try to be better this month!
The picture at the top of the page is from this morning. It's pretty chilly here for San Diego standards, so we got Ellie ready for daycare and put her knit hat on that her great Grannie made her when they were here for a visit this summer. There are a couple more shots - super cute. Oh yes, she is also calling her pacifier a "bite" - I wish she would get rid of the bite! Her newest phrase is "MINE!" and she means it. She thinks everything is hers and doesn't like it when she is informed that not everything is for Ellie!
Last month Ellie got her first haircut - there are pictures of this in the November picture album above. Needless to say, she did not enjoy it. She refused to sit in the red race car chair, so she sat on my lap. She refused to have the drape over her, so we were both covered in hair for the rest of the day. It turned out really cute, and less than a quarter of an inch was trimmed off, but it has made her curls bouncier and her hair easier to comb. She got a "first haircut" certificate with a few locks saved for her baby book.
Last weekend Brant, Billy, Ellie and I met Mimi and Papa in Hemet to visit my grandpa for a little while. Poor grandpa fell last week and is having a hard time recuperating. He bent his stiff leg - the leg he broke when he was 19 and hasn't bent it since...that's old school medicine for you. They just put a plate and some pins in and told him to keep it straight...forever. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he is alone in Hemet since losing my grandmother. We went to Acapulco for lunch after the visit and Ellie tried a lime for the first time - check out the photos!
We are getting ready for a very busy December. This weekend Ellie is going to see Santa - stay tuned for photos of that! We are babysitting Sara and Aaron's little girl Ada on Saturday night so they can go to Aaron's company's holiday party. It will be so fun to have both girls - they play pretty well together. We have plans to take them to the playground and then to Grant's for dinner...yum! On Sunday I leave for Philadelphia for a work conference for 3 days. I know Brant will do a great job with Ellie, but I'm still nervous because we haven't done this before. I plan on having all the breakfasts made up for him as well as plenty of meals for dinner. He'll get to play with Ellie all day on Sunday (I get picked up at 5:45am - gasp!) and then Mon, Tues and Wed she'll go to daycare. I'll pick her up early, hopefully, as my plane is supposed to arrive in San Diego around 2:30pm on Wednesday.
The following Friday we are planning to have a party at our house for my birthday, then on Saturday we are going to Brant's company's holiday party and Ellie will be with Mimi for the night. After that we have about 5 days before we take Daisy to Camp Diego for 2 weeks, drive up to Long Beach to spend the night and then fly to Arkansas for Christmas. We return on the 31st and I can imagine we'll be in desperate need of some R&R before returning to work.
Whew - that was quite a bit for one post... sorry if you feel overwhelmed!
love, danielle
No comments:
Post a Comment