Tuesday, January 29, 2008

lagging again...



Once again it seems that life got busy and time slipped away from me...it's been about 2 weeks since my last blog. My apologies... We have been busy doing everything from half marathons to attending my company's winter gala - where should I start...

On January 17th Grandpa Bill came to visit. We all really enjoyed the visit - enjoyed delicious pizza from Luigi's as well as great company. Here is a link to the pictures from the visit...

On January 20th Sara and I ran the Carlsbad Half Marathon and had a great race - I finished in 1hour and 54minutes (for those of you non-runners, that's 13.1miles) We both felt pretty good throughout the race, but honestly Sara kept me motivated and going from about mile 9 on. What a great running partner! Unfortunately she is sick right now with the flu, so I'm running on my own. It's just not as easy to get up at 4:30am to run alone... I may have to wait until it's light outside and enjoy the extra sleep!

This last weekend Ellie went to Mimi's on Thursday night to hang out with Bella, Mimi and Papa. She had a great time - they bought her a little table and chairs set and it looks like she had a wonderful time organizing her babies. I have pictures, but unfortunately they're on my work computer and I can't post from work anymore (they want me to do real work...) so I'll have to send them to myself and then upload them from home. I promise to do this quickly as the pictures are darling!

Ellie went to Mimi's for the weekend because Brant and I had plans to go to the Senomyx Winter Gala. It was held at a beautiful resort in La Jolla called the Estancia Hotel and Spa. Since I am a co-chair of the recreation committee at work and essentially planned this entire event, we were given a complimentary hotel room for the night of the party. What a treat!!! The room was lovely, though I think our favorite part was the alarm clock! Not your regular run of the mill alarm clock, this one had 6 different "white noises" that really helped you relax and feel rejuvenated. Our favorites were the ocean and the brook sounds. It even had an ipod dock! We've decided to use some of our Christmas money to buy one for our bedroom - I can't wait to get it!

Here is a link to pictures from the gala. Needless to say we all had a great time. We had a delicious dinner, dancing and even a casino night. We are fortunate that I work for such a generous company!

That's all for now. We're trying to get Ellie back into her regular routine where she doesn't get to call all the shots (unlike at Mimi and Papa's...) It could also just be her age - she is about to turn 2 and I think the "terrible two's" may have arrived early. We're just not sure where she gets this independent attitude...

danielle

No comments: