Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day



Our week in review...what a busy one! Last weekend Brant and I had a weekend alone - Ellie went to Mimi and Papa's and Brant and I rented a cabin in Lake Cuyamaca and spent the weekend hiking and hanging out. We had a great time, only problem is we forgot our digital camera! We bought a disposable camera and don't have the pictures developed yet. I'll post them when we do.

We had swimming lessons again last Wednesday and decided to sign up for a third session. Ellie loves the lessons and really does well when the class is small. Last week we only had 3 kids in the class and it was fantastic!

This past Saturday Sara and I participated in the South Park Community Yard Sale. Friday night Sara and Aaron brought over all of their treasures to sell and our two families enjoyed pizza and ice cream. You can get those girls to do anything for ice cream! They had a blast chasing each other around the backyard and wearing each other out. Saturday morning Sara and I got up and posted our sale signs on our run, then proceeded to haul out our treasures for our neighbors to peruse. We learned the hard way that it was smarter to have the sale independent of our neighborhood...less competition! Regardless we sold the big items that we didn't want to have to deal with anymore and that was the most important part. After the sale we were all exhausted and enjoyed a nice long nap.

Sunday we enjoyed Father's Day with Grandpa and Uncle Bill. Ellie loved playing with Dusty and the guys - of course loved the extra attention and being spoiled. Here are more pictures from our afternoon.

That's all for now - hope all the Father's in our lives had a wonderful Father's Day!

1 comment:

Tawny said...

So glad you found my blog. How fun to keep in touch like this! Ellie is an adorable little girl. I bet she is a ton of fun for you and your husband.