Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ellie is DEFINITELY a Boren...



Here we have the best pouty face that Ellie Jo can muster up... anytime things don't go her way we get this face. Brant and I are praying that she forgets how to do this by the time she's a teenager because he has already admitted that he has a soft spot for it! I seem to be rather immune to her pouty ways, but maybe that's because I've used them all myself and know they are just manipulative tactics!

If you're wondering about the title of this blog entry, let me tell you about our dinner last night. Brant and I carpooled to and from work yesterday (as we've been trying to do at least 3x a week with gas prices) so all 3 of us got home at the same time. Ellie and Daddy went outside to throw the ball for Daisy, and I got to make dinner peacefully. I made taco salad, with hamburger meat, beans and spanish rice. So Ellie eats her carrots and edamame, then digs into a bowl of hamburger meat, beans and rice. As Brant and I sit down, she realizes that Brant is very sneakily putting tortilla chips into his salad, so she starts whining for chips. We give her a few, but really would prefer for her to eat her dinner instead. So...Brant puts them away and gets out the tortilla's (aka "wraps"). Immediately Ellie doesn't care about the chips and is asking for a "torti". She then lays the half tortilla out on her tray and starts piling her bean/meat mixture onto it. She tries to roll it up, but needs Momma's help. She doesn't quite get the concept of holding it tight so the stuff inside doesn't fall out. When the insides fall out she looks at me devastated and says "Momma - put back! Put back inside!" For those of you who knew Brant's dad - this is hilarious because he LOVED "wraps". Anything rolled up inside of a tortilla was bound to be good - especially if Brenda made it. Everytime Ellie asks for "torti's" we just die laughing!

As evidenced above, Ellie is not a fan of having her picture taken when she is upset. She loves to be wrapped up in her towel after bathtime and parade around like a burrito girl - she even calls herself burrito girl. Last night in particular, Brant was dancing around annoying her and then decided to capture it on film for the rest of you to enjoy...

This week has been pretty normal. Tonight we have swimming lessons, then on Friday afternoon Ellie and I are heading up to Mimi and Papa's for some early 4th of July fun. Billy has to work on Saturday until 3pm, then he and Brant will drive up for hamburgers and the free fireworks display put on by the city. I'm not exactly sure why they are doing the 4th of July Fair and Fireworks Show a week early, but I'm also not going to complain because that means we don't have to travel on a holiday weekend with the rest of the crazies out there!

Ellie's language skills are progressing very rapidly. She is speaking in sentences now, even if they don't make sense. Last Sunday Brant was reading something out of the newspaper to me and Ellie said "Daddy's newspaper is talking..." which we thought was hilarious of course. She is still repeating everything we say, which keeps us on our toes constantly. The other day she got in the truck to go to daycare, dropped her baby and said (very clearly) "dangit"... We decided to ignore this outburst since it was very much our fault...


Hope all is well with everyone else!

No comments: