Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend fun


Yesterday afternoon Ellie helped Brant and I wash the car and truck. She is a VERY good helper and didn't let any spots go untouched. When we were done, Sara, Aaron and Ada just happened to be walking by, so the girls got to run and squeal and giggle. They are hilarious together...we are so lucky to have them as family friends.

Ellie loves to get new clothes. Nana bought her this cute outfit when we were visiting last month, but today is the first time Ellie has worn it. She pulled it out of her drawer, announced that she was going to wear it and after she put it on (with minimal help from mom) declared that she needed to look at herself in the mirror. Then she told us that she was gorgeous. No - I'm not kidding. She looked in the mirror, then looked at me and said "Momma, I'm gorgeous." This is in addition to believing that she is Cinderella. Yesterday she was wearing a dress and as I came out of the bathroom she said "Momma - I'm Cingrella" (which is the way Ellie pronounces Cinderella). It's hard not to laugh, but we try because she is just as serious as she can be. I'm glad she has such a good self image - lets hope it lasts a lifetime!
Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Tawny said...

What a fun little girl you have! Aubrey was so much fun when she was that age. I can't wait to do it again. I laughed when I saw your comment about an underwater tea party. I hadn't thought about our "tea parties" in your Grandma's pool in a long time. Going to your grandmas house was so much fun! Such fun memories.