
We had quite a fun Easter celebration. We started off by having Sara, Aaron and Ada over on Saturday to dye Easter eggs. The girls sort of knew what to do, and after the first egg they were both off and running. Of course they both had to do it all "by self"...


After the egg dying the Easter Bunny had come and hidden eggs in the front yard, so the girls ran around finding eggs. They were so funny - for some reason Ellie insisted on giving all the eggs she found to Ada... They had a great time and were so excited with their new treasures. Stickers, goldfish crackers, tattoos, hair pretties, grow-in-water encapsulated sponges. Then, we had pizza and ice cream - what could be better?

Easter morning at the Boren house didn't go exactly as planned. Ellie woke up at 6:30am (yikes - didn't she get the memo that it's a HOLIDAY and she's supposed to sleep in?) So we got up and showed her the Easter basket that the Easter Bunny had left for her. She rejected it. She walked into the living room and said "I don't want that Easter basket. I just want a pink one." Brant and I were so flabbergasted that we were speechless for a few minutes. Finally we spoke up and told her that if she didn't want the basket the Easter Bunny had left her that was fine. She still maintained that she didn't want it, so we took it and put it in our bedroom. Immediately she changed her mind and decided she did want it, then was delighted to find the books, stickers, lipsticks (chapstick), princess socks, etc. that were inside. She has been so opinionated lately...we have no idea where she gets it from. Then the race began to get breakfast and everyone cleaned up and ready for church that started at 8:45am. Ellie threw such a tantrum and said that she didn't want to wear her bumblebee dress. She has been really bad about testing us and stalling when we need her to get ready. So what we have found that works (at least for this week) is to give her a few minutes and see if she makes any progress. If not, then I tell her I'm going to count to 3 and if she doesn't start getting dressed that I will have to do it for her. Today I did this, calmly (on the outside), and she just stared at me. Just waited to see what would happen when I got to 3 and she hadn't moved. So I got her dressed. She fitted over everything...the panties, the dress, the sweater, the socks, shoes, hair bow...absolutely everything. Then as Brant and I were scrambling to get ourselves ready she walked around the house pulling her dress up over her head because she "just didn't want to wear a dress." She kept saying "I don't want to wear a dress...I just want to wear clothes" Whatever - we just ignored her and got her in the car. She was fine and dandy once she got to Sunday School.
This afternoon we went up to Uncle Bill and Renee's in Encinitas for Easter dinner. It was delicious! Steak, baked potato's, salad, asparagus and Renee even made a homemade pie! We took Ellie's new T-ball set that she got for her birthday and played ball after dinner. Papa got to join us, but Mimi was out taking care of my grandpa whose health is still going downhill. This week we are going to try and get him into a facilty because he needs that level of care. Here are some pictures of our good time. There are so many of this weekend that I made a web album. Feel free to check it out - there are some cute ones!




No comments:
Post a Comment