
Happy early birthday to Brant! The birthday festivus started last Sunday with a trip to Petco Park to see the Padres play. Thanks to Mimi and Papa for taking all of us for Brant's birthday. Ellie was such a trooper...no nap and she was well behaved throughout the whole game. It was most definitely because she was sitting next to Mimi...those magical grandmother powers are a gift of their own.
After the game we went to Casa Guadalajara for a yummy mexican dinner. Can't get enough of that place...we just love it!


Ellie is so excited that tomorrow is Daddy's birthday. She has been telling everyone at daycare that it's tomorrow...with one caveat. She's been saying that all week, so no one really had any idea which day it was! In Ellie world, anything that will happen after the next nap (she calls every sleep a nap, even overnight) is going to be tomorrow, and anything that happened before the last nap is yesterday. Even if it was a week ago, it's yesterday to her.
She is such a drama queen right now. Yesterday morning Brant left for work early and Ellie was playing while I got ready. She is pretty much refusing to wear socks and shoes, and is stuck on sandals. It's sunny San Diego, so that's not usually a problem. Except she has some blisters on her feet from playing too hard in her sandals, so I've been trying to get her to wear socks and shoes. As is par for the course, we were arguing about the sock/shoe issue yesterday morning. I firmly told her that she was going to wear socks and shoes - end of story. She stormed out of her room, crying, and into the living room. I heard her telling her animals that Mommy wasn't being a nice girl and that she wasn't going to be Mommy's friend anymore. Then after a few moments she came back into her bedroom, leaned against the doorway and said "Mommy, do you think you can be a nice girl now?" Ummm...aren't I the one that is supposed to be saying that? I just laughed because I really didn't know how to respond.
The shoe debacle happened again this morning, and we once again made her wear socks and shoes. She whined and cried in the backseat the whole way to daycare (Brant took her) and when they got there and he went to the backseat to get her out, she had taken her shoes and socks off. She looked at him smugly and said "I said I wasn't going to wear these, so I took them off" He carried her and the socks and shoes into Jack and Cheryl's, and she put them one once again...
Lord help us when she's a teenager. My hope is that she's getting all the spunk out now...I know, I know...I'm just kidding myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment