Monday, January 18, 2010

3 day weekends are awesome!

We sure have enjoyed this 3 day weekend. I took Friday off and started the prep work to paint our bedroom...taped everything and painted the ceiling. Saturday Brant evened out the ceiling - he's so much better at that, then we got the first coat of paint on the walls. This room is a rich blue, so it was quite shocking and exciting to see the transformation unfold. We were up really late finishing the first coat Saturday night, after a break for pizza dinner with our favorite princess. Sunday Ellie and I headed out for a shopping adventure. We had to get in and out of Mission Valley before noon, since that's where the Charger's stadium is and they had a home game (which they pathetically LOST, but that's besides the point). We went to Costco, Old Navy, Target, Trader Joe's and Ralphs...then home for a nap. Ellie has had a nasty cough and cold - she got it right after Christmas, but seemed to be much better last week. Well this weekend the cough worsened, the poor thing is hacking her brains out.

Sunday we put the second coat of paint on the walls, and learned some tricks for taping the ceiling more effectively. Ellie is crazy about playing Candyland right now. It's such fun to watch her learn the rules of the game - we've been playing often since Christmas and initially she had no clue as to what was a "good" move, etc. She still wants to get all the cards with the special characters on them, even if that means moving all the way back to the beginning of the board. If Mommy or Daddy gets one of them, she insists on coming to "visit" us on that space.

Today we were all home. I didn't realize that Brant's company was officially closed when I took the day off - but it couldn't have worked out better. He went to the gym this morning, Ellie and I did one of my Jillian Michaels workout videos (doing these workout videos is HILARIOUS with my little helper. Between getting her juice, snacks and making sure I don't knock her over, my attention isn't really on the workout!). Then Ellie and I baked whole wheat zucchini bread, and made lasagna. She's quite the helper - scooping and smoothing things as we went along. It's so fun to have her narrating as well. Here are a few pictures of our creation.



No pictures of the painted rooms yet...we'll get to that at some point I'm sure. Had to take everything out of the built in closets to paint (including the built in closets), and now have to go put it all back so we can find our clothes for work tomorrow!

No comments: