Sunday, January 10, 2010

San Diego weekend

We've had a great family weekend with amazing weather...75degrees...in JANUARY! Honestly, I would prefer it to be cold - I have this thing where if it's going to get dark early so we have to come inside, it should at least be cold enough to snuggle up on the couch with a blanket. I know that's crazy...so we just enjoyed the San Diego sun this weekend.
Friday night after I picked Ellie up from daycare, our car wouldn't start. Couldn't have happened at a better time or place - Jack came out and tried to jump start the car but it still wouldn't turn on. It was the starter. I'm serious when I say it couldn't have happened at a better time or place - at least I was already at daycare and it didn't happen when I stopped at the dry cleaners on my way there! And it was Friday - we didn't have anything else to do anyway. So Brant came to our rescue, then we bought a new starter, and Saturday morning he headed over to Jack and Cheryl's (where we left the car overnight) to replace the starter. And when he got there...the car started without a hitch. So at least we could drive it home and he could work on it in the comfort of our own driveway. He did a great job and now we have a new starter in the car! Yeah for Daddy!
Today we got up to sunshine again, and decided to take a family trip to dog beach. Here's a picture story of our day...


Daisy LOVES to swim

Ellie and Daddy hanging out


Ellie's a good thrower too

Then she got bored and decided to play in the sand...

Ellie got tired and wanted a ride...momma was happy to give her one!
Then home for a nap, and after nap, puzzle time!!! Ellie LOVES to work puzzles. She got a few new ones for Christmas, and wanted to show off her skills!


We took this weekend off from working on the house...next weekend it's back to the grind!

No comments: