Sunday, March 7, 2010

Got blinds?

We had our new wooden blinds installed yesterday! Yippee - no more living in a fish bowl or with sheets hanging from the windows! The whole experience was comical...the installer guy came 2 hours early, Brant was trying to paint, Ellie was whining that the guy's drill was too loud and was hurting her ears, then Brant and I tried to move Ellie's dresser back against the wall and her little lamp fell and broke, so she's crying that her lamp broke and I'm yelling to stay away because there's broken glass... I can only imagine how happy that poor guy was when he was done with our house!

Ellie is quite good at playing by herself. She can entertain herself for up to an hour coloring, painting, reading to her babies or playing with her farm. Last weekend when we were at Mimi's house, she got to use kid-friendly scissors. She was thrilled. The look of concentration on her face is hilarious...

It's amazing what kids pay attention. Normally I wear pants to work...sometimes dressy and sometimes not. But I almost always wear flat shoes, or shoes with a small heel. On Thursday, I had an occasion to dress up, so I wore a skirt, tights and higher wedge shoes. Ellie never mentioned anything to me about my ensemble, but as soon as she got in the pool for swim lessons she announced to the teacher "My momma is wearing HIIIIIIIIIGH heels".
Brant and Ellie are at church right now. I'm at home with the 2nd migraine headache of this pregnancy. I only had one the entire pregnancy with Ellie, and really wish I could have ZERO! They scare me pretty badly because I don't like to take much (if any) medicine while I'm pregnant. But...I can't let the pain get too out of hand or it just has to run it's course and that is not a pretty sight. So back in the bed for me. Hope everyone else is having a relaxing weekend.

No comments: