
She's going to be a big sister! Yep - right about October 20, 2010 we'll become a family of 4. We are all super excited about this addition to our family - we can't wait to meet the little guy or girl!
Ellie has been entertaining Brant and I. When we first told her that mommy had a baby in her tummy, she was SURE it was a baby sister. When we explained that it could be a baby brother, she told us to stop being so silly. But now, after a few weeks of warming up to the idea, she tells us that if it's a boy she wants to name him Mr. Nice Guy. And if he doesn't listen to mommy and daddy, she's going to call him No More Mr. Nice Guy. Then she dissolves into giggles. If it's a girl she's decided we'll call her baby sister Betsy. No idea where she got that from...
Ellie also likes to pretend that she also has a baby in her tummy. When she asks for a drink of water after she's gone to bed at night, she says stuff like "Mommy, this baby in my belly is THIRSTY!"
We've been getting lots of rain lately, and more is expected for this weekend. Boo! I know, I know, generally we have great weather, but it's frustrating for it to be nice outside all week long when we're working, then raining cats and dogs all weekend!
This weekend we're getting our blinds installed. I am so excited at the prospect of not having sheets hanging up at the windows - I just don't know what to do! Brant has 2 accent walls to paint in the living room, then we'll be getting our nice new rug and setting our living room back up. It's been out of commission for a couple of weeks while we've finished our projects in there. It will be so nice to be done for a little while!
Ellie had a photo shoot a few weeks ago and we recently got the pictures back. They are great, and we can't wait to do something with them for Mother's Day!
1 comment:
Congratulations to the whole family!!!! We are excited for you guys! I'm sure Ellie will be an awesome big sister.
Post a Comment