Brant has great news to share...he starts a new job tomorrow! It's a contract job doing exactly what he's trained to do, and I can personally vouch for how nice the people he'll be working with are...because his position is at Senomyx. A few weeks ago the hiring manager asked me for Brant's resume...one week later he had an interview, and a week after that, a job offer. Tomorrow is his first day, and Ellie and I are so proud of him! Getting a job, especially in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry (since that's the only one we're familiar with) isn't easy in this day and age. He's got a sweet Linked In page, gone to more networking events than we can count, and sent out resume after resume for every job he can find. And it's paid off.
Friday afternoon Brant picked Ellie up early from daycare for a date! They went to the zoo, where Ellie was fascinated with the snakes and lizards (she has recounted EACH ONE they saw to me several times). They also saw new baby orangutan's (who knew it wasn't "tang"? I had to look up the spelling...neither of us knew it wasn't "tang"...and we've been calling them orangutang's for years...). It was a typical June gloom day in San Diego, with a brisk ocean breeze and the sun behind the clouds - PERFECT for all the animals to be out and playing. They don't really like the sun, and even if they're out in the sun, they're not playing as hard and when it's cooler. After the zoo, they headed to Chipotle for dinner. I had the luxury of having a girls night out - much needed and appreciated!

We were supposed to go to Long Beach this weekend, but earlier this week Mimi had foot surgery and wasn't up to company. Poor Mimi...she is NOT a fan of being off of her feet, but once everything is healed up she's going to have the best looking feet in the family, not to mention the fact that she won't be in constant pain with those bunions and hammer toes. So, since we weren't going to Long Beach, it was a free weekend! We woke up Saturday morning and decided to work on the house. Ellie was my helper - she and I took off all the screens and scrubbed them, then washed all the windows, inside and out, in the house. OK - here's Ellie's version of helping...

Ellie also wanted a picture taken of the chalk on her buns...

After the windows were clean, and naps were taken, we headed to Blockbuster, then to In N Out, and finally to Lowe's, to buy the rug for our family room. We chose this rug in January, when we were choosing the colors to paint the living room, so needless to say - we were super excited to get it! And of course Ellie loves having a rug to play on.

Since today was the last day before Brant starts a new job, Ellie and I wanted him to sleep in and be well rested. When she came in and woke me up at 6am (clearly she doesn't understand about sleeping in on Sundays...), we snuck out of the bedroom, closed the door, and let Daddy sleep in. We had a great day, lounging, getting groceries, and making homemade pizza. I used to make these all the time (and I DO need to give Trader Joe's credit for the dough), but kind of fell out of the habit when we were packing and getting ready to move last year. And now I have a 43" helper. She's so proud of her creation!

I realized I haven't posted anything about this pregnancy in a while. All is going well...I'm 21.5weeks along, and at last check (18 weeks) the little man is about a week ahead of developmental schedule. If that means he'll come early, I'm thrilled. If that means he's going to dwarf Ellie's birth length and weight of 21" and 8lbs 8oz - I'm not such a fan. Considering my vote doesn't count on this, I'm just not going to worry about it...at least not at this point! Ellie has decided she wants to call her little brother Dunio. Evidently there is a part in Princess and the Frog where Prince Naveen (one of the main characters) gets smashed and says something that sounds like Dunio. She LOVES that word...says it non-stop. Her other favorite expression right now is "Ahhh! I knew that was going to happen!"
We're all relaxing and getting ready to start a new week...watching Ice Age which is adorable so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment