Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Super Sweet Big Sister


I had fun playing with Rhett this morning before we set out on some errands. He was a good sport about being dressed up in different outfits and photographed.

Tonight Rhett was in his nifty little swing (thanks, Mimi!) and I overheard Ellie say the following...
"It's ok Buster - I love you. You're gonna be just fine..."

"Don't worry about anything, my sweet baby. You'll always be with me. Yep - you'll always be with me and I'll take good care of you."

Warmed my heart, which then triggered the tears, and I had to once again try to explain to Ellie why sometimes grown-ups cry when they're happy...

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

Ok that may be the sweetest post I have ever read! Ellie will be the BEST big sister! Can't wait to see the little ones at Thanksgiving!

Danielle said...

We're all looking forward to the trip as well. Ellie has a countdown calendar that she marks each day!