Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

We had a great time celebrating Father's Day. I had a little (lot) of help from Uncle Bill...we schemed for months to get Brant the best gift we could think of...and it all came together on Saturday morning.

Daddy has a new foot pedal kayak!!!

It was awesome...the four of us were gone - I was running errands with the kids while Brant was at the gym. When we came home Brant said "why is the gate open? Did you put Daisy up before we left? Why would you do that?" And then he saw it...he was speechless! He's going to have so much fun fishing in that kayak!

Saturday afternoon we enjoyed a barbecue at Uncle Bill's house with Mimi and Papa. Lots of fun for everyone.




Thank goodness Uncle Bill was a good sport and took Ellie swimming...Brant and I had the best intentions, but after tri tip sandwiches, potato salad and baked beans...we lost our motivation! Ellie had a good time showing what she had learned in swim lessons...and Rhett enjoyed getting his feet wet in the spa!

Sunday morning we enjoyed coffee, I made a sausage and bell pepper frittata, and then we were off to REI to buy roof racks so Brant can take the kayak to and from the beach. Hmmm...REI on Father's Day..."busy" is an understatement. It's tough to keep two kiddos entertained for an extended period of time. Ellie made no bones about it - she told me numerous times that "This is just really boring for me. I mean...it's just, like, not really that fun. At all." Yeah - I get it.

A relaxing afternoon at home and dinner from the pizza man. Ellie and Rhett are lucky kiddo's to have Brant for their dad. He is smart, funny, playful, interested in what they like...he loves to get on the floor and play with them, and best of all...he does the BEST BODY SLAM EVER!!!

No comments: