Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Community worker project
The days of take home school projects have begun...and it was super exciting for Brant and I. Ellie's assignment was to think of a job in the community that she might be interested in doing when she grows up, gather items that person might need to do their job, complete the worksheet describing why she chose the job she chose, take it all to school and explain it to the class. We talked about the project when she brought it home and told Ellie to think about what she might be interested in doing when she grew up. She immediately told us she wanted to be a scientist. We asked her why and she said "I think it would be fun to, ya know, like mix things together and get new things out"...yep - that's science! I told her it's also what you do in cooking, but she didn't want to be a chef. Not yet, at least.
So after gymnastics we headed up to Senomyx. On the way I asked Ellie what she thought a scientist would need to do their job. A lab coat, safety goggles, gloves and a couple of bowls to mix things in. Oh and a stirrer. Not bad for a 5 year old! Here's what Ellie's project looked like:
She was so proud to take it to school on Monday, and got to be the first student to share with her class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment