Second trip to Sea World in 3 weeks - this time we really got to enjoy the whole park and had no time constraints. Mimi came with us and we had a blast! We saw the new Shamu show(One Ocean)and the Cirque de la Mer show. The Shamu show is quite different than the last time we saw it - when Ellie was about 18months old. After the unfortunate incident at Sea World in Florida a couple of years ago the guidelines changed and the trainers no longer get in the water with the whales. It's still really neat to see them - they are magnificant animals, I just miss seeing the trainers stand on the whales noses!
Fun was had by all - as you can see in our photos!
The weather was great - overcast but not freezing in the morning. Even though we all still needed sunscreen, at least we weren't sweltering. Then, all at once, the sun came out. Sitting in the stands for the One World show I thought the back of my neck was going to spontaneously burst into flames - no exaggeration. Then, by the grace of God, the sun went back under the clouds. The down side of that is that it also got windy and cold, but at least I didn't have to continue applying sunscreen to myself and the kids every 30minutes (I hate to admit it but I've become "that mom" - always trying to swipe a kid with sunscreen...or a kleenex!).
Ellie and I got to go on the Sea Star Spin - one of the rides in the Sesame Street Bay of Play - the area they have for kiddos to run, play and get the wiggles out. We had a blast - reminded me of when my dad would take Billy and I on the teacups ride at Disneyland and spin the teacup so fast...we'd be laughing so hard we couldn't pick our heads up!
No comments:
Post a Comment