Thursday, July 3, 2008

Long weekend approaching...


Boy are we looking forward to this long weekend. Seems like we never have enough time to just relax and enjoy Ellie, so that's just what we're going to do. We plan on getting her an inflatable pool to keep cool in, so hopefully we'll be able to post pictures of that next week.
This week has been busy. Since we were out of town last weekend, that means that we didn't get groceries and had to do it Monday night. Then Tuesday evening we all went to Costco to get gas and a rotisserie chicken, which took a lot longer than we thought it would. Wednesday was swimming lessons, and it's always a challenge to get home, get Ellie to eat dinner, take a bath and get her in bed by 8pm. But now it's Thursday and we have a 3-day weekend ahead of us to enjoy!
The picture at the top is of Ellie in one of her two 4th of July dresses. She loves them along with her red sandals, which makes getting her dressed easy in the mornings. She is still a master with her stalling tactics, always finding a good reason that she should do what she wants to instead of what we want her to. She even stalls before meals!
This weekend we are going to focus on going potty on the potty. I asked her this morning if she wanted to go potty on the potty and she looked at me as serious as could be and said "NO". So I told her we were going to practice doing that this weekend and maybe when she went potty on the potty she would get a special treat. In our house when you say "special treat" - this gets people's attention. She perked up and said "okay, okay!!!" which is Ellie's way of saying "that's a great idea! I can't wait!" I don't want to rush her or force her, but at 27 months I think she's ready to try potty training. We'll see how it goes.
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Lynn Wolf said...

I LOVE Ellies red sandals! We're struggling with potty training too. I'm lazy and Asha is stubborn. Not a good combination... I wish I could pack her off to potty training camp for a week!