No pictures this time - sorry folks. We had a super busy weekend. I am preparing for the America's Finest City Half Marathon in a couple of weeks, so Sara and I had a 10miler to complete Saturday morning. Then Ellie and I went to get groceries while Brant went to the gym, came home for a VERY brief and early nap before going to the Senomyx Carnival Summer Party! The party was a blast for all. Ellie got to play with Ada in the bounce house...when they weren't in the bounce house they were jumping and squealing around the band. They had so much fun...and of course Ellie was out like a light when we got her in the car afterwards.
Sunday we hung around the house and just rested and played with Ellie. She had fun, but was clearly still tired from her big day the day before. Monday night after work Brant and I drove Ellie up to meet Mimi and Papa. I am off to Chicago today for the rest of the week and we figured this was a perfect opportunity for Ellie to spend a few days entertaining Mimi, Papa and Bella. We didn't tell her where we were going initially, but once we were on our way and she was asking why we weren't going home, we told her she was going to visit Bella. She got really excited and said "And Mimi? And Papa? Okay!!! Okay!!!" She talked the entire way from La Jolla to San Clemente, an almost hour long drive. She told us about all the cars and trucks she saw, and then described everything in sight. It's hilarious, and of course it makes us miss her more.
It's amazing how much you can miss this little person who takes so much of your time and energy. I know this break will be good for all of us - I will get a chance to enjoy peace and quiet in Chicago, along with some great shopping (hopefully!) I'm going for the American Chemical Society Laboratory Safety & Health short course seminar. Although this doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs, it will be extremely applicable to my position at Senomyx. I am fortunate to be able to go on trips like this to enhance my career. Brant will also get a chance to relax - work as long as he needs to, go to the gym and hopefully get to take Daisy to the beach one night this week.
That's all for this post - I've got to go get ready to leave town! Hope all is well and everyone is having a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment