Here are a few of the funny things Ellie said tonight.
On the way home from daycare she wanted juice. I wanted her to wait until we got home so I could sneak her antibiotics in it...so I told her we didn't have any until we got home. She stuck her tongue out and said "Mommy!!! Look at my tongue! It is so thirsty! Can't you see how thirsty it is???"
Then we saw the moon. Big and white - she says "see the moon Mommy! It is so big and round and white - I think the airplanes will probably run into it tonight because it is SOOOOOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG! But not the airplanes that take me to Nana's - they never crash into anything because then I wouldn't be able to get to Nana's and I want to go to Nana's house and see Molly and Rascal..." and on, and on, and on...
We had a perfect family night tonight. I am so grateful that I've learned to cook most of our meals on Sunday afternoons, so during the week I just put the finishing touches on them. Tonight it was pasta with veggie sauce. Ellie got a Halloween card in the mail from Mamaw and Papaw, so she had fun coloring a thank you card while I washed up the daycare juice cups. Then she took a quick bath while the pasta boiled, and when we sat down to dinner it was so relaxing! Brant did the dishes - it was awesome! We then had plenty of time for a rousing game of Memory and got to read a Fancy Nancy book before putting her to bed at 7:45pm. And now, Brant and I are melting into the couch, relaxing before going to bed.
Although I love the fact that it gets light so early in the mornings, I am not a huge fan of how early it gets dark. But if getting dark earlier allows us to be inside and get the nightly rituals going earlier, it's not so bad!
2 comments:
Ellie, you are such a smart girl! We can wait to see you at Thanksgiving! I know Brenner can't wait to see you because he kisses and laughs at your picture in the living room all the time!!
Post a Comment