Sunday, November 29, 2009

Whew! We're moved!

It's been a wild couple of weeks, but we are moved. Out of the old house, into the new - and there are only a few boxes left to unpack (don't look in the garage!) Ellie spent the week we were moving at Mimi and Papa's house and had a great time - thank you so much to Mimi and Papa for keeping her entertained!

Brant and I have tackled numerous home improvement projects already, though we know there will be many more to come. One of the first (and most important in my eyes) projects was to install a garbage disposal. We went to Lowe's and were baffled at all the choices...who knew there was such a thing as a $400 garbage disposal? For that much it should do the dishes and put them back in the cabinet too! Anyway, as with all home improvement projects, there was more than meets the eye in store for us. The garbage disposal itself was a piece of cake - I had it all ready to go when he got home and we installed it in a jiffy. But then there was the plumbing that goes to the wall...the original piping didn't quite reach. Off to Home Depot we went...and 4 trips later we had the right parts and were in business! It's so quiet too - much quieter than any other disposal I've ever had.

We had Thanksgiving at Mimi and Papa's house with Billy and Renee - so nice that I didn't have to cook for a crowd a few days after moving. Friday we came home and showed Ellie her new bedroom. She loved it - we were a little worried because we told her originally that she was getting the other room (the second bedroom - that has the bathroom in it) but then changed our minds because then that second bathroom would be unavailable anytime she was sleeping. She loves her new room, as well as the toy room.

I'm excited because I am teaching Ellie to play one of my favorite board games - Mancala. Brant does NOT share my enthusiasm for this game, so having a new little partner to play with is super fun. Here's a picture of her playing tonight!

No comments: