
Ellie has gotten really fast on her princess bicycle. She loves to go on rides, and thinks it's hysterical that Brant and I have to run to keep up with her. Our neighborhood is pretty hilly, so it's quite the workout for mommy and daddy too...helping her up the hills and holding her back so she doesn't crash! Check out her concentration in the picture - she's got her tongue out!
Mimi saved lots of books from when Uncle Bill and I were kids, and Ellie is interested in the Berenstain Bears series right now. Her favorite one is "The Berenstain Bears and the Bully"...she's got it pretty much memorized. She loves the part where they talk about a "knuckle sandwich" (though I'm sure she has no idea what that means), and the line where they say "she got fresh with me so I cleaned her clock". Brant and I try really hard to make sure she gets the message that it's not nice to fight with other people, and that these little bear cubs get in trouble, but I think honestly she's too busy laughing to pay much attention. We probably should have censored this book and saved it until she was older...
As I've promised, here is a picture of Miss Ellie in her bed with all of her precious babies. For a while now she has been projecting her thoughts and desires on these stuffed animals, but it's getting too funny at this point. Last night she said "what Mo the Monster? you want to read another book? OK! Daddy - Mo says he wants to read another book so we have to" Brant and I can't even keep a straight face when she pulls these shenanigans...

Ellie got to see her favorite cousin Brenner on skype on Valentine's Day when he was at Nana's house. She just can't stop talking about how much he's grown and how fun it was, and how she wants to go to Nana's house to see him "run around like a chicken" again... We are so fortunate to live in a technologically advanced age where families can keep in touch easily despite the distance!
No comments:
Post a Comment