Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

We had a great Easter Sunday! Ellie woke up at 5:30am and came to our bed carrying a plastic egg filled with money. Thankfully it was still dark so we could tell her it was the middle of the night and she had to go back to sleep for a little while! Once we got up, she hunted eggs and discovered the basket the Easter Bunny left for her. We went to church and heard a fantastic message - Pastor Carlton really hit that one out of the park. After church we headed to Uncle Bill and Renee's house in North County for another egg hunt (chocolate this time!), 2 more Easter baskets, and a delicious Easter lunch. Ellie wasn't feeling particularly like smiling for the camera, but here are some of the fun shots we got when we could!




I LOVE her dress...when I was a little girl my dad used to take me to Luan's Dress Shop in Long Beach. We would have special instructions on what type of dress to get from mom, but it was dad and daughter time. We normally came home with 2 dresses since I certainly couldn't make up my mind and dad said I didn't have to. Now Mimi and Papa get to traipse over to Luan's and choose dresses for Ellie. She loves them, loves to spin around, wear her socks with ruffles and fancy shoes. Let's see how long this lasts...

2 comments:

Tawny said...

Love the Luan's dress. It brings back so many memories of spinning and twirling in the prettiest dresses! I haven't been there in years.

Danielle said...

I knew you'd remember Luan's...every little girl in Long Beach had one at one time or another!