Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mr. Potato Head


Last night Uncle Bill came over for dinner. I think he enjoyed Mr. Potato Head playdough more than Ellie did...

I heard things like...
"Mommy! Uncle Bill isn't listening to me!"

"Ellie - don't throw the play dough at Uncle Bill"

"That's just not how we do it!" (for the record, they both said that)

Ellie has such a great time with her Uncle Bill. Now if we can just get Uncle Bill to stop tickling her and riling her up before bedtime...

Ellie's had a little cold, and complained last night of an ear ache at bedtime. I didn't really know what to make of it - she's not a complainer, but she WILL pull just about anything to prevent going to bed. When she woke up this morning and her hair was all matted to her face where her ear had drained in the night, I knew she had another ear infection. I kept her home from daycare and called the doctor's office. Of course they didn't have a same day appointment, but they DID let me leave a message for the triage nurse. We hadn't heard back within an hour, so I called again (even though they say not to on the triage line...) and actually got them to answer! They told us to come in immediately - SCORE! Fortunately for us, we got in before Ellie was in too much discomfort. Before the fever spiked, and the stuff coming out of her ear was super gross (believe me - it gets grosser). She now has antibiotics and is on the mend. Once this is healed up, we're being referred to the ENT specialist because apparently it's not "normal" to have multiple draining ear infections. This is her second one. OK - we'll go to the specialist and get checked out. Thank goodness we have health insurance!

She's doing just fine - sitting on the couch watching the Flinstone's Christmas Carol movie. Yes, it's April, but she LOVES Christmas movies and Christmas carols. Whatever floats her boat at this point!

No comments: