Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hello Kitty Party!

Ellie's 4th birthday party was a Hello Kitty party! And boy did she have fun. This year we had the party at one of the playground areas in Balboa Park. We went to a birthday party there last fall and loved it. Ellie was so lucky to have her Nana and her Mimi (and Papa - don't forget Papa) come to the party. Uncle Bill also made a guest appearance...he's quite a hit with the kids. Why wouldn't he be? He tickles them and riles them up, then says goodbye. Here is her party in pictures...





OK - I have to brag on this Hello Kitty cake a little bit. When Ellie decided she wanted Hello Kitty as her birthday theme, I started looking online for ideas on the cake. Since I made her a princess cake last year, of course I wanted to make something this year that was just as neat. What a wide variety of choices...there were Hello Kitty cake pops (small cupcakes on a stick) that were going to be far too labor intensive, cakes with Hello Kitty sitting on top, cakes in the shape of Hello Kitty, and then the one I made. It was delicious - red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Black licorice for the whiskers, and jelly beans for the eyes and nose. I never really took notice that Hello Kitty doesn't have a mouth...

No comments: