*denial
*pretending I was ok with going back to work
*telling people how I wanted to feel (not how I really felt)
*sadness (tears, tears and more tears)
*distraction (Disneyland!)
*acceptance and peace
So by the time the actual day came, I was as prepared as I was going to be...bottles and juices, breakfasts and lunches were all packed way in advance. Brant and I carpooled on Day 1 - here's a picture of the kids being dropped off at daycare!

Picture is kind of blurry (what's up with that, iPhone?) but as you can see, everyone was happy (on the outside...). Rhett has done a great job of adapting to his new daily routine. He's happy when dropped off, happily playing in the exersaucer in the playroom with the big kids when picked up, drinks all of his milk and has been happy in the evenings. He is generally exhausted (aren't we all?) and wants to go to bed at 7:30pm. The first few nights he wouldn't let go of me - literally. We are co-sleeping and that little guy kept his hands on me all night! The next couple of nights it was super easy to put him down...he normally goes to sleep in his own room either in the swing or in the bed by himself from 7:30pm until either he wakes up the first time, or until I go to bed (much preferred...). Then I take him to bed with me as his room is just too far away for my comfort, and nighttime feeding is much easier if he's in the bed with me.
Ellie LOVES having Rhett at daycare with her. She's thrilled when she wakes up because he's going with her and when I pick them up she tells me all about her day AND Rhett's day and how much fun it is to have him in the playroom with everyone.
We are all adjusting to our new life as a family of 4 with two working parents. The major things are being taken care of, the minor things are waiting until the weekend (or until ??) and I'm grateful for having a housekeeper, even if it's only once a month. She can do the hard stuff and we'll keep the dust bunnies vacuumed up in between.
No comments:
Post a Comment