Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ellie turns 5!

Ellie had such a fun birthday...here's her story in pictures.

Mickey Mouse chocolate chip pancake for breakfast!


cards and presents


So excited for her Rapunzel vanity!



ready for a girls day with momma


painting at the ceramics shop - our annual birthday event!


air hockey with Uncle Bill while waiting for dinner


Rhett and Uncle Bill - perusing the menu at Corvette Diner

Rhett's first experience in a high chair...lasted about 3 minutes

birthday sundae - they sang to her too!

birthday dinner fun!

I really can't believe my baby is 5. Five seems so grown up...and although Ellie HAS grown up quite a bit within the last 6 months, she's still my baby. Don't know that I'm ready for her to be such a big girl...not that I really get a say in the matter. We really enjoyed our annual birthday traditions of having chocolate chip Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast, and a girls trip to the Ceramicafe for painting pottery. Daddy stayed home with Rhett, so Ellie and I got to spend several hours as just the two of us. It was so nice - I didn't realize how much we both were missing that time. After our painting escapade we went to Target where Ellie got to spend a little of her birthday money. She chose a craft kit where she gets to decorate tule butterflies with sequins and glitter and then hang them in her room. Pretty fun! Then we headed home to get the boys and head to dinner at the Corvette Diner. Such fun for all!
Happy Birthday to my baby girl...I never realized what an impact having a child would have on me. I mean of course I knew it would be life changing, but I didn't have any idea how much I would learn from Ellie. She has taught me what is important in life - and what to let go...who I want to be and what I want her to remember.

No comments: