Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Captain

Poor Rhett may never really know his name. He goes by many-a-nickname... Bubba, Brother, Mr. Man, Bubinski, Captain Destructo, and my personal favorite...The Captain. At 10 months old he is literally crawling as fast as I can walk down the hallway. He like to seek and destroy anything and everything. He is persistent (stubborn?) if nothing else. If it has hair (like dolls or My Little Pony's), he wants to hold it by the hair and slam the body on the ground - repeatedly. He's a crazy drooling machine. He has learned to open cabinets...
His favorite cabinet is the oven on Ellie's little kitchen. It's just his height...and easy for him to open and slam, open and slam, open and slam...you get the gist.
Rhett loves to be in Ellie's room, and more than anything, in the bathroom. Such a small space, but so many things to investigate. Cabinets to open and close, door stoppers to play with, cords to pull if mommy didn't put away the hair dryer, a trash can to overturn, a shower curtain to hide behind, bathtub to climb up and flip into, a toilet to paw over...but most fun is the toilet paper roll!

When I'm in the kitchen Rhett will play for a little while with toys on the floor, but quite quickly takes off to investigate down the hall. Normally I give him about 2 minutes, as he likes to crawl down to the laundry baskets and pull everything out. Then I go get him and bring him back, and he heads down the hallway, etc. Last week I got tired of this game before he did, and I tried to block him in the kitchen with Ellie's princess table. Didn't really work so well...



Needless to say, the baby gate has now been installed.

I'd like to also point out that despite the fact that Rhett is a little destroyer, he is also very sweet. He loves his momma, daddy and sissy, gives kisses, claps and just started waving. He has 4 teeth in, and one more just broke the surface today (thank goodness!). Although his first word was momma, his favorite phrase is "Hey Daddy".

No comments: