This weekend Mimi, Ellie and I went to see a live performance of Mary Poppins at the San Diego Civic Center Theater. It was fantastic!!! The singing and dancing swept us away. It really made me miss my days as a dancer...the tap dancing was phenomenal. I still remember some of the moves. Well...maybe I should say I remember what some of the moves are called...not that I could get my body to do them these days! Tap dancing lessons is definitely on my list of things to get back into after the kids are more self sufficient. Right along with tennis and gardening... *sigh*
It's funny how things we take for granted are difficult to explain to children. I told Ellie that Mimi was coming down to go to see Mary Poppins. Initially she thought we were going to see a movie. I told her it wasn't a movie like she'd seen before, it was a live performance. Where people sing and dance on the stage. Can we touch them? Can we talk to them? Can we get on the stage? Are they real people? How do you know if we can't talk to them or touch them?
It was a fun day, finished off with an early dinner at a strange little restaurant on the outer skirts of the Gaslamp district. La Gran Tapa. There wasn't anyone in the restaurant when we got there, and we were about to faint of hunger, so it seemed like a good idea. Within 20 minutes we were the only people in there not wearing (a) black, (b) rhinestones and/or leather, (c) really high heels, and (d) definitely the only people with a child.
Then Mimi kept the kids and Brant and I went on a date to see Crazy Stupid Love and get frozen yogurt. It was so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment