Sunday, August 12, 2012
Old Friends
When we lived in College Station, I attended a women's bible study and met some lovely women. Well, the loveliest of those women (and her husband) came to San Diego for a conference last week and we got to spend the afternoon and evening with them. Best part about "real friends"...we picked up right where we had left off 8 years ago. I can't believe we haven't seen each other in 8 years - it felt like we'd just met up on the A&M vet school campus (half way between where each of us worked!) and chatted over brown bag lunches.
We picked Pam and Mike up at their hotel and had great plans - BIG plans - to show them the highlights of San Diego in one afternoon. I love how our plans are always much bigger than is realistic... We drove to Mt. Soledad and were a bit disappointed - the clouds had rolled in and there was no view! That disappointment subsided the moment Pam and Mike said "Hey! We're in a cloud! For real! Not in an airplane in a cloud, but really in. a. cloud. This is awesome!!!"
This (above) is the ultimate "vacation picture" from my youth. I know there is a picture from 25+ years ago with Billy and I standing just like this... just need to find it!
Next we headed to Old Town, ate dinner at Casa Guadalajara, then walked around the shops and let the kids blow off steam. We really enjoyed their company and though it saddens me that we don't know when we'll see them again, I can be assured Pam and I will pick up right where we left off, just as we did this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment