Monday, February 11, 2008

Ellie's first trip to the zoo



We took Ellie to the zoo for the first time on Saturday and...she loved it! We are so lucky to live so close to one of the greatest zoo's in the world - why hadn't we been taking advantage of it? I don't know - but not to worry...we'll be regulars in no time! We bought the annual pass which is such a good deal and now we can go whenever we want to the zoo and the Wild Animal Park for a whole year! Here are more pictures from our visit.



Ellie is at such a fun age right now - as can be seen in the funny bathtub picture above. She really enjoys bathtime every night, as well as all of her books. She's in love with Elmo and Grover (fondly known as Ro-Ro at our house) and hardly has any room in her crib to sleep since she has to have all of her bears, Big Bird and Ro-Ro in there with her. The funniest part is that she wants Brant and I to kiss each one of her babies night-night before we can kiss her and say good night.

Next weekend we're hosting a welcome home party for my cousin Danny who just got back from a year in Iraq. He's in the Army and stationed at Fort Hood in Texas, but he took 3 weeks of leave and is in California to visit friends and family. We're all looking forward to the get together and the time we'll get to spend with him.

OK - I'm off for a run. I've taken the day off of work as a personal day and I plan on enjoying each and every moment of it!

No comments: