Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Ellie had a great day, despite the fact that she had no idea why we had lots of cards and presents! Ellie got cards from her Nana, and Mimi and Papa. She was very excited about all of her new "treasures" - Brant and I got her some puffy stickers and a couple of books with puppies and dinosaurs. She nearly took them to bed with her tonight! Here are a couple more pictures of Valentine's Day...
I hope everyone has had a wonderful day. We feel blessed to have had time to spend with each other, despite the heinous traffic tonight. It took me an hour and ten minutes to get to daycare...I was 20minutes late. Luckily our friend Aaron (Sara's husband) was able to get there on time and he took Ada and Ellie and played in the car with them until I could get there. If the silly carseats weren't so expensive we could each have an extra and he wouldn't have had to sit in the car with the girls - he could have taken them home to play! We are so lucky to have such good friends, and the girls get along so well. Thanks Aaron - you saved us $40...being late for daycare pickup is expensive...$2/minute when you're late!
We've had some weird weather - last Saturday through Tuesday it felt like summer - 80degree weather and tonight it was 38degrees when I drove home and raining! It was snowing in Poway - a neighborhood about 15miles from where we work. Crazy weather - we've got the heater on in Ellie's room tonight so she'll be nice and cozy.
Talk to everyone soon - we're busy planning for Danny's welcome home party on Saturday!
love,
danielle
No comments:
Post a Comment