Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July Fun!


What a great 3 day weekend we had as a family! My company was really nice and closed at 12noon on Thursday, giving me a head start on the weekend. I went shopping and bought a ceiling fan for the living room...I know - kind of random, but we've been talking about how badly our living room needed one and I just decided to get it. After I got home Sara and Buoy and Daisy and I all walked over to daycare with the strollers to pick up Ellie and Ada. You should have seen the looks we got pushing two empty jogging strollers the 2 miles over there, but we didn't care and just smiled and waved at folks. The walk home was great - the girls calling out everything that they saw and recognized. It sounded a little like this "Little Bus!!! Little Bus!" (Ada) "flowers Mommy! flowers!!!" (Ellie) "Car Mommy! Car Mommy! Car Mommy!" (Ellie)... These girls are hilarious and love to tell us everything that they recognize. Thursday evening Ellie watched the entire 101 Dalmations movie (we've never given her the opportunity to watch it from beginning to end before) while I installed the ceiling fan. Brant had been to the chiropractor that day and his back was sore, so his role in the fan installation was to hold things so I could screw them in. All in all it was a pretty simple task and now our living room is soooo much cooler!
Friday we went to breakfast at the Corner Market and then Ellie and I headed to Macy's and Target while Brant went to the gym. She can't really understand why she doesn't get to go with Daddy into the gym, but she quickly forgets when I let her walk around Macy's and select clothes for me to try on. It's always an experience to take her shopping without a stroller, but it gives her a chance to walk around and burn off some energy! Then we went to Target - her favorite place to shop where she repeatedly asks for "hot corn" (popcorn) until her desire is fulfilled. She's so polite, saying "Thank you Mommy!" everytime her cup is filled with "hot corn".

Friday night we went to the Werner's house for pizza and then we all walked up to the corner where we could see a variety of fireworks displays. The girls liked it for a little while, then got bored. They would much rather be playing with each other than having to be still!
Saturday and Sunday mornings we got up and went on long family walks. Saturday our destination was Coronado where we walked around the island and then let Ellie play on the playground. Sunday we went to Lake Miramar where the scenery is beautiful, but there is almost no shade and it was HOT! Guess we won't be back there until the fall.

Ellie is really starting to speak in sentences. Here are a few of the newest sentences/phrases she has come up with.
1. Daddy's paper is talking... (Daddy was reading to us from the newspaper)
2. Mommy's in trouble...Mommy's talking...Mommy's in trouble (we're assuming someone at daycare gets in trouble for talking when they're supposed to be quiet)
3. Ada's house? Ada's house? Ada over? (Are we going to Ada's house? Is Ada coming over?)
4. Mommy back in kitchen... (not my favorite of her phrases. She wants me to go back in the kitchen so that Daddy can give her a bath instead of mommy)
5. Uncle Bill...Nasty Owie... (Billy had a sore on his foot that Mimi called a "nasty owie"...now she can't see Uncle Bill or hear his name without calling him a nasty owie)
6. Momma's chooing (she says this when I sneeze)
And the best one of all right now...
7. Baby Brenner? Are you??? (she says "are you?" instead of "where are you?")

Here is a link to the rest of the pictures we took this weekend. I got a little creative with the camera and took some black and whites too.

No comments: