
Here's a picture of Ellie and Brant at the zoo last month. The funniest part about this picture is the sign for the "Siberian Reindeer". I wasn't at the zoo with them, but apparently Ellie saw the reindeer and said "Daddy? Nana? What are Santa's reindeer doing here?" Their little memories are amazing...
So they've changed the time that swim lessons start from 6pm to 6:15pm. This doesn't seem like a big deal, right? Well on the contrary, this gives us an extra 15minutes to do absolutely nothing. We have to pick Ellie up at daycare by 5:30pm, and since traffic is so unpredictable that it can either take 20minutes to get there from or over an hour (not exaggerating here), to be safe I generally leave work by 4:40pm. So on days like yesterday when I had her in the car happily eating a snack by 5:15pm, what are we going to do for the next hour? I tried taking the long way to swim, but my little back seat driver is too smart for that. She knows if we're going the right way or the wrong way for nearly every place we go regularly, and she doesn't like to deviate from the plan. Don't laugh, yes I know she's just like her mother, but that doesn't make it humorous at the time. So we got to the parking lot of swim at 5:45pm and I just turned the car off and looked at Ellie. I said "Ellie, tell me a story" she says "ok! Jesus is the way and the truth and the light" WHAT??? I was stunned! Sure we take her to Sunday School but she's not even 3 yet and we haven't been quizzing her on what she learns...I just figured they colored and played with the toys. Then she started singing a little song about Jesus being the way and the truth and the light and she knew all the words! What a little sponge!
Ellie and Ada started wearing goggles so they can see all the fishies in the pool at swim lessons. Ellie loves the goggles and wants to wear them all the time. She doesn't even seem to mind how tight they are. Here's a picture - it's a little fuzzy since she wouldn't hold still for very long!

Hope everyone is having a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment