Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Back from hiatus!

OK - I've gotten a lot of grief about the hiatus our blog has been on... We're back and I should be able to post more frequently again. We've been quite a busy family the past couple of months, as I'm sure the rest of you have been too.
Here are a couple of Ellie's new sayings to keep you laughing:
*"Daddy's not minding me! What am I going to do with him?"

*"Don't even go there" (I have no idea where she learned that...)

She has also learned how to talk about things that she wants to have or do without coming out and directly asking for them. For instance "we're going to go and get some ICE CREAM! My baby wants some ice cream, daddy wants ice cream, mommy wants ice cream, so that's where we're going! To get some ice cream!" Recently she has also told us that she doesn't have a baby sister (like a few of the other kids at daycare). She said "I need to go to the store and buy a sister - will you take me there?"

Some times it's hard to believe that next month she's already going to be 3 years old...and other times it's hard to believe that next month she's ONLY going to be 3 years old! She keeps us on our toes - always wants to be doing exactly what mom or dad is doing. She loves to have shaving cream when Brant is shaving. She also loves the toy helicpoter that Uncle James sent Brant. That has been the biggest hit of the neighborhood the past few nights. There are 7 kids ages 5 and under on our block and for the past few nights they've been gathering in our front yard to watch Brant play with the helicopter. Thank you for the hours of entertainment Uncle James!

We've taken pictures but I haven't downloaded them to the computer lately, so this one shot will have to do for now. Hope everyone has a good week - we'll post more later.