
We had such a great family fun weekend! Friday I picked Ellie up from daycare and then we went to Trader Joe's for groceries while Brant mowed the yard after work. Saturday morning Brant and Ellie hung out, watched "toons", played and had breakfast while I was on a long run with Sara. We are getting ready for the La Jolla Half Marathon at the end of April, so we logged a 10+ miler this weekend. After the run Ellie and I got ready to go for a girls shopping day. We hit Macy's big sale and Ellie was so good. She was such a helper in the dressing room...I literally took more clothes in there than I could even carry. She sat on the floor, took off her shoes and socks, played with her toes, commented on my polka dot panties loud enough for everyone else in the dressing room to hear (they laughed), and ate snacks. She was so patient. Brant trimmed the hedges, then went to a used car tent sale. As he was leaving I said "you're not going to buy a car today - right?" and he laughed and said "keep your cell phone on..." He didn't, but I wouldn't have put it past him! It's in the Boren blood. After our successful trip to Macy's Ellie and I went to Walmart. It was 1pm and she was fading, which is why I saved Walmart for the end of the trip (so she'd ride in the cart!). While she was struggling with being extremely patient in Macy's I had promised her a treat at Walmart for being a good girl, so...she had her first Happy Meal. She had her box juice and cheeseburger and then played with the toy. It kept her entertained for the world's fastest Walmart trip (at least that I'm capable of...)
Saturday night we had Aaron, Sara and Ada over for dinner. Those 2 girls act like sisters...sometimes they play nicely, but often Ellie assumes the role of the older sibling, bossing and orchestrating everything, and Ada just follows along nicely. They get to sit at the Princess table for dinner (like a kid's table), but this proves to be dangerout at times. Last night they spent most of dinner pushing the table back and forth between the two of them, and there were definitely more black beans on the floor than in either of their tummies. Oh well - they had fun.


We really wanted to go to church this morning, but Ellie has a cold and clearly isn't feeling well. She wouldn't cooperate at all, and cried at the drop of a hat, so she and I stayed home and relaxed while Brant went to church. Ellie got to take a bath with colored water - today she chose blue. She also got to use the tub crayons since the housekeeper is coming on Thursday and I don't have to clean them off the tub! Sorry Graciela...
This afternoon Uncle Bill and Renee came over for dinner and we had fun playing in the yard before having hamburgers and salad. It was quite a full day, and by the time we got Ellie in her jammies and ready for bed Brant and I had both had more than enough. As he was putting her in the crib (yes - she's still in her crib and she loves it!) I turned out the light. She said "I can't see now" and Brant said "sure you can, just lay down and close your eyes" I couldn't help but laugh. He is normally so patient with her but had just had enough and wanted some quiet! That is definitely something there is a shortage of with Ellie around.
We had such a fun filled weekend - I'm exhausted! I'm going to have to go to work tomorrow just for a break! Have a great week everyone...
No comments:
Post a Comment