Now...on to more funny phrases from our 3 year old.
In the car on Sunday Brant was driving with one hand. From the back seat Ellie told him "Daddy, it's not safe to drive with only one hand. Please put 2 hands on the wheel." Brant just looked and me and tried not to laugh...
Ellie uses "shortcut" and "haircut" interchangably. For instance, on the way home from daycare we can either go up a big hill, or cut through the park. She insists on telling me everyday which way to go (I've probably encouraged this since I actually listen and do it). Yesterday on the way home she instructed me to "take a haircut" through the park.
Ellie now knows when her birthday is. She announced to us the other night the following declaration: "On my birthday, it's going to be on the April 2nd, when I'm going to turn up 4, Santa is going to bring me a baby doll and a baby brudder." Then we asked her what she was going to name her baby doll and she didn't have an answer, but she told us that her baby brudder was going to be named David, just like Katherine and Lily's baby brudder at daycare. We'll see about all of that.

This is a picture of Ellie at dinner last night. She pretty much refuses to smile normally when she sees the camera...so please bear with us through this phase. As you can see, she has picked all the zucchini and squash out of her Mexican Taco Stew. Oh, and the onions too. I try desperately to tell her that she eats them all the time (pureed in sauces - but I don't tell her that) and that she likes them, but it's useless. And we're not ready for the "you're not getting up from the table until you eat it" approach. I figure she gets plenty of veggies through my secret, sneaky ways, that she can pick a few out now and then and not get scurvy.
Hope everyone is having a great week. We are all looking forward to the long holiday weekend! Hopefully we'll be going to a 4th of July parade and then watching fireworks!
No comments:
Post a Comment