Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cold Stone Creamery!

This past weekend was BUSY! We finished painting the inside of the house - we're completely done!!! The hallway was the last part to tackle, and boy does it look good. Ellie got 2 full days of staying in her jammies and playing with her toys, which is her FAVORITE thing to do on the weekends. Saturday I went through all of her outgrown clothes and boxed them up to give to smaller girls...we won't be needing them anymore... Saturday evening there was another free concert in the park, so Ellie and I walked over there and started dancing! She has such a great time with her friends that show up - this week we were entertained by Billy Lee & The Swamp Critters. At the last concert they had fresh fruit popsicles for sale. By the time we figured out that we wanted one, they had run out! So this time, Ellie made sure to tell me over and over that she wanted a popsicle. Well - unfortunately they weren't for sale this time...we had a disappointed little girl. Not to worry...we had to go to Lowe's for more paint after the concert and what is next to Lowes? Cold Stone Creamery! I had a gift card, so we all treated ourselves. Here is one happy girl!

I've been at a conference this week...boy it makes me appreciate where I work! The conference is being held at UCSD...I've had the pleasure of walking past the dorm room I lived in 15 years ago...pretty awkward at 6+months pregnant! The campus has changed so much, as I suppose all college campuses do over time. I sure feel old walking around a bunch of college kids!
We just got done having a group baby shower at work. There are 6 of us working at Senomyx, all in R&D, having babies in the next 3 months. Two fathers (plus Brant...so I guess that's 3), and four mommies-to-be. They took a picture of all of us, which will be entertaining to look at later.

Gotta get ready to take my fishy to swimming lessons. I know the girls (Ada and Ellie) have been going to swim lessons for about 3 1/2 years, but I am still so impressed with how well they do. Of course Ellie has a slight advantage...she can touch the bottom in the shallowest part of the pool. She figured that out last week. She has also recently told Brant and I that she wants to stop growing because she's tired of being the tallest one. Poor girl...she'd better get used to it because I don't think that's much of an option. I just hope her brother gets some height too. How sad would it be if Ellie took after her daddy and her little brother took after my grandma (who was a whopping 4'9")?

No comments: