
We're just cruising along through summer here in not-so-sunny San Diego...don't know where our sunshine has been for the past couple of weeks, but I have to say I'm NOT complaining because it's not too hot!
This weekend Ellie got lots of play time with her toys. She spent Saturday morning organizing her "house" and play room, which will soon become her bedroom. She'll be moving from the front bedroom to what is currently the play room, since that second bedroom has a bathroom in it and she clearly needs the bathroom more than the baby will, at least for a few years.



Saturday afternoon my dear friend Sara, her husband Aaron, and their daughter Ada welcomed baby Milo into the world. We were fortunate enough to get to visit them in the hospital on Sunday. Ellie was so eager to see him, but nervous to get too close (which was probably a good thing!) She warmed up after a little while, and wanted to hold him, so she got to sit in the middle of the bed and I helped her hold his little head. He's so precious, and I can't wait for our little boy to meet him!
This morning Ellie got to open a package from her Nana...always a treat! Nana made Ellie a ruffly skirt, a matching bag to carry her toys in, and a Strawberry Shortcake tote bag! She's already planning on wearing her new skirt and taking her matching bag to daycare tomorrow, so we'll have to post a picture when she does. Here's a shot of her with her new Strawberry Shortcake bag, and a picture of her on a bike ride around the neighborhood tonight.


Today I'm 28 weeks along, and things are going pretty well. I don't remember being this tired when pregnant with Ellie, though Brant says I was... I had a little scare last week and wound up in labor and delivery for a couple of hours being monitored, but all is well. I've been told to take it easy and rest, which I really intend to do, but just doesn't come naturally to me. At all. This past Monday we had another ultrasound to check the position of the placenta (it's been low lying this whole pregnancy). That's when we were informed that our baby is already BIG. They want me to come back in 6 weeks to make sure I'm not on track for a 10 pounder... the funny part is, what if I am? What are they going to do then? He's got to come out, and I'm not signing up for an elective cesarean! We'll see how it goes... Oh yeah, and the little munchkin already has hair...we could see it glowing in the ultrasound!
1 comment:
I can't believe how tall Ellie is! She looks like she's six!! I miss her little face. As for the baby boy, a 10 pounder sounds painful:) He seems very eager to come in the world!! Hope all goes well and you get the rest you need!
Post a Comment