
Last night we went to the final summer concert in the park with Ada and her parents. The girls had a blast dancing and running around through the crowds, then got to have ice cream together at the ice cream shop. When it was time for bed, Ellie asked me to tell her a story about a princess. So I told her the story of Princess Ellie who got to go to a fantastic concert in the park, eat pizza, have a donut, run and dance and play with her friend Princess Ada, then go to the ice cream shop and have an ice cream cone with Princess Ada. She seemed pretty impressed with this story...I was too. What kid wouldn't love that evening?

One of the last times we were out at my Grandpa's house before he passed away, I brought home a bunch of VHS tapes. Grandma recorded hours and hours of kids movie specials in the early 80's and Ellie has been enjoying them for weeks. There are Charlie Brown Easter and Valentine Day specials, Disney summer vacation specials, Charmkins, and my personal favorite, Strawberry Shortcake. Another treat is the commercials from that era. We've seen Debbie Gibson Pepsi commercials, Bill Cosby pudding pop commercials, Return of the Jedi action figure commercials, Care Bear commercials. It's amazing to see the strides cartoons and animations has made in the last 25 years... I think Brant's favorite song so far is the one on Strawberry Shortcake that says "rat ta tattatatattatt, ta tattattatt!"
No comments:
Post a Comment