Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Home sick...well sort of


This morning Daisy got a treat and got to take a walk with Sara and Buoy. The nice thing about the week after a race is that there is very little, if any, working out. And no need to feel guilty because we worked so hard! When I got back, Ellie's forehead felt hot, and sure enough, she had a little fever. She has also been coughing (more like barking) since yesterday, and kept Brant and I up throughout the night with her coughing fits. So, I stayed home with her today. How tragic, I know... I am so lucky to have the ability to work from home - Senomyx employees have the ability to log in remotely and honestly, I've gotten way more done this morning than I would have if people were stopping in my office to ask questions!
Ellie seems to feel fine, except for when she starts one of these coughing fits. She sounds much like a seal, and we don't want this to spread throughout daycare. I am enjoying staying home with her. She's playing with all her toys...the living room is a disaster, but who cares? She's happy and playing quietly...maybe a quiet day at home is just what the doctor ordered...

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

Ellie, Aunt Dee hopes you feel better soon! At least by Sept 3rd bc we are San Diego bound! Can't wait to see you guys!

Danielle said...

We can't wait for you to get here! The kids will have so much fun! Woo-hoo!