The good news is that we like the house we're renting. It's big enough, comfortable, cute and our neighbors are just the best. So it's not like we're living in some hell hole and can't wait to get out. Yes, the market is picking back up. And yes, there is the $8K tax credit incentive to buy a home before December 1st, but it's only August 2nd and getting into a rush isn't going to help anything!
Brant and I had tickets to see Jim Gaffigan, one of our favorite comedians, live on Friday night, so Ellie got to spend the weekend at Mimi's. I took her to the meeting spot in San Clemente (half way for both Mimi and us) on Thursday afternoon, and then she proceeded to throw up at the restaurant. I knew immediately this wasn't a fluke - she had the bug that was going around daycare. But, she was hysterical at the thought of giving up her weekend with Mimi and Papa, and Mimi said it was fine for her to come, throw up and all, so off she went. She was sick all night on Thursday, and had a low fever on Friday, but seems to have recovered just in time for us to get her back today! Poor Mimi had to clean up lots of throw up, but she didn't complain. And Brant and I got to go on our date night - the first one we've had in quite a while. It was a blast! When Brant and I first started dating, Friday nights consisted of a Digorno pizza and stand up comedy on Comedy Central. This unofficial date night continued until we had Ellie, so it was great to be able to go see one of our favorite comedians live! This is a one arm shot of us on our date - Brant is just trying to look tough...he's really having a great time!
Ellie has a favorite Mother Goose nursery rhyme book that we read every night. We've been doing this for probably a month, and now she "reads" her favorite nursery rhymes to us! Here is one of her favorites...It's Sunday morning and I'm enjoying a rare treat - drinking coffee and blogging in SILENCE! Brant went fishing with Billy this morning on Billy's kayak, and Ellie is still at Mimi's for a few more hours. I hope Brant and Billy have a great time, but honestly hope they don't show up with fish for me to cook for dinner! Have a great week everyone! I'll try to post more often...the weeks just go by so fast that it's the weekend again before we have a chance to take a deep breath!
2 comments:
Ok so I think I got caught up on the last 4 weeks of blog post today:)I had to comment on Brant's face in that picture ....too funny! He and James both always have a 'special' face in pictures! Glad you guys got a 'date nite'! Aren't they the best! Makes you remember who you really are together!! We miss you guys and Ellie Jo!
Oh ...good luck on the house hunting! I think James and I are going to take ours off the market until next year. Unless you and Brant want to buy..haha!
Post a Comment