Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Daisy Duck Birthday Party
The debate over the birthday party started last year when we went to a Chuck E Cheese birthday party. Ellie wanted to have her party at Chuck E Cheese - I was thrilled. How easy would that be? But then as the date drew nearer, she wanted to add more and more complication and thought it would be no problem to orchestrate. Tough decisions had to be made, and Daisy Duck was the winner. The party was to have a Daisy Duck theme, games, crafts, be at a playground, and have cake pops. Seemed reasonable enough.
Let's start with the cake pops. If you don't know what they are, they're essentially little balls of cake and frosting mixed together, dipped in a candy coating. What's not to love? And of course I thought it would be no big deal to whip these up myself. Hahahahaha.... I found instructions on this website and the cake pops seemed doable. Here's pictures of the process...
Bake cakes, let cool overnight, crumble in bowl...
whip up cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and milk...
mix together and refrigerate overnight...
roll into balls, put sticks in, freeze overnight...
dip in melted candy coating and let harden
The website shows these super cute cake pops with candy decorations, frosting faces, etc. I could barely get the melted candy on the pops and put them on the cookie sheet - I was over it. I tried to stick candy on a couple of them, but it was too time consuming. Seriously - I baked these cakes on Wednesday, crumbled, mixed and kneeded on Thursday morning, rolled into balls on Thursday night, melted and dipped on Friday night and just didn't have it in me to individually stick candy flowers on in a pattern. Could. Not. Do. It.
Thankfully they were delicious - how much of a bummer would it be if after all that work they were just mediocre?
On to the party. The kids had a blast, the adults enjoyed each others company, and everyone was worn out at the end. Sure sign of a good party.
Rhett tried to make out with not one but two juices!
my little thief!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
I know what you mean about the cake pops! I have made them a few times and pretty much I made 40 and cross my fingers that 20 look decent enough to take into public!
Post a Comment