Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Inagural San Diego Half Marathon

And....I'm back! After a 2+ year hiatus from running races, I'm back in business. I had such a great time running the inagural San Diego Half Marathon. It started and finished in Petco Park, and honestly was the most organized race I've run in 15 years of racing. Brant brought the kids to see me finish and got a picture of me on the jumbotron.
I'm not the person with my arms up in the air celebrating...no - I'm next to that guy trying to breathe, not throw up, and continue moving forward without collapsing. Maybe next time I'll throw my hands up in the air to celebrate! I have to say that after coming back from ground zero (which is what I call my fitness level after having Rhett), I'm really happy to have gotten back to feeling good while I'm running. We took it slow, but were persistent, and are back to our best running selves.

No comments: