Sunday, April 29, 2012
The Tooth Fairy's 2nd Visit
I'm very grateful that Ellie seems to be losing her teeth slowly. Why? Well...because I'm squeamish. Really squeamish when it comes to my family members being in pain and/or bleeding. There are stories from long ago...the time Brant was getting an IV inserted for a procedure he was having done and I got hot and fell back/slumped down into a chair (thank goodness that chair was there!)...the time our cat got a fishing lure caught in her paw and the vet had to get it out - somehow I passed out and found myself on the other side of the room, "recovering" with a cold cloth on my neck...the time my mom asked me to drive her to have a procedure done - afterwards she was in recovery and ask they were sliding the IV out of her arm I got hot, sweaty and again, found myself having been escorted into a chair with ice chips and a cold cloth on my neck. I used to worry about what I'd be like as a mom when my children hurt themselves. I'm proud to say I'm GREAT in an emergency. Just not so great outside of an emergency with pain, needles or blood.
Back to the teeth. Ellie is very cautious - she wiggles the teeth slowly and stops if it hurts. So it takes a long time for her teeth to come out. The good part about that is there is very little, if any, blood. The bad part is that she needs us to seal the deal - to do the pulling out part. I tried on tooth #1 and nearly threw up...thankfully Daddy handled it like a pro. For tooth #2, daddy wasn't home. Ellie felt this was URGENT...so it was my job. The pressure!!! Se cries if you don't get it out, she cries if you leave it alone because she can't really eat with it dangling there...I had no success with a kleenex as a gripping tool - thankfully a napkin did the trick. I don't know who was more surprised, her or me!
Here she is with her tooth fairy pillow and the crisp $1 bill she was given!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment