I woke up this morning to a VERY excited little girl. Ellie helped her daddy put up the birthday signs, a tradition for every birthday in our house. Normally they get put up the night before the birthday, but that doesn't work when the birthday person is up that latest and up multiple times in the night!
I had a great birthday! Rhett and I relaxed, drank coffee and watched DVR'd TV this morning (have I mentioned my LOVE for The Cosby Show?). Was serenaded first by Ellie and Brant, then my mom, then Billy. I have to say that my birthday is one of the days of the year that I miss my dad the most. He was always the first one to call and sing Happy Birthday to me...he got up so darn early and I know he just waited until an acceptable hour (6:30am) to call! I met Sara for lunch, ran a couple of errands, napped with Rhett, got DIAMOND EARRINGS from Brant, and went to the Corvette Diner with Brant, Ellie, Rhett and Billy for dinner.
Diamond earrings...how have I lived this long without them? They are GORGEOUS! I feel spoiled...and it feels wonderful.



1 comment:
Diamond earrings? That rocks! Pun totally intended!
Post a Comment