Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2 month check up

Rhett had his 2 month well baby check up this week. Here are his stats at 9 weeks old:
25" long (21" at birth)
13lbs 7 oz (8lbs 11oz at birth)
97% in height
90% in weight
65% head circumference

The doctor was very impressed with his head control and strength, and thought he would be rolling over in no time. After she left the room, I put Rhett on his tummy on the examining table and HE ROLLED OVER!!! Unbelievable! I wouldn't believe it if Ellie hadn't been standing right there! Of course we haven't had a repeat performance since, but that little muffin can roll over!

Rhett got 2 shots at this visit, and of course wasn't a fan. I'm never a fan of the kids getting injections either, but Ellie REALLY disliked it. When he cried and got really mad, she started crying and said "I HATE that nurse! She hurt my bubby!" I tried not to laugh - I remember feeling that protective about Billy when we were little (who am I kidding - still feel that way at times).

A couple of posts ago I said that Rhett was 15lbs. I guess a diaper and clothes can put an extra pound and a half on a guy. Maybe I should start subtracting a few pounds for my clothes too... :)

Rhett loves to be entertained by his family, especially his big sister. Ellie is very patient with him, sings to him and loves to hold toys in front of him. The doctor said that from now until he starts crawling is the "honeymoon" phase for having a sibling - Rhett is alert and can laugh and coo at Ellie, but he can't get into her stuff! We did learn that we can test her toys to see if they're too small to be within Rhett's reach. If the toy fits through an empty toilet paper or paper towel roll, it needs to be out of the baby's reach. Good to know! Boy do we have our work cut out for us!

No comments: